Groundhog day is not a real holiday (if you are religiously following Punxsutawney Phil, my apology.) But, Bonobos nailed this holiday with a relevant and witty email.
Why I like this:
- This email was delivered in the morning on Groundhog day with a subject line of “What does the groundhog say?” – I found news of unfortunate 6 more weeks of winter from Bonobos, not weather.com or CNN.
- This news segued beautifully into Bonobos’ winter collection. A groundhog can’t be more relevant than this.
- Witttttty writing. This email makes me “read” their following emails until they’d be proven otherwise.
- It didn’t miss providing readers with the second option at the bottom (Resort Collection). Even if you are tired of thick, bulky winter clothing or you live in the area where Groundhog day only means Bill Murray’s classic movie, you still have a reason to be a part of their count in Click-Through.
What they can improve:
- This email was not mobile responsive or adaptive. They should update this.
- Not necessary but a gif of Groundhog would be fun.
What do you think of this email and how can you make coming holidays (Valentine’s day or President’s day) more relevant for your subscribers? Please, share your thoughts.
(This consultation will not be general top 10 to-do list thing. I’ll personally review your current email marketing, social media platforms and other online properties and will give you specific suggestions for your business.)